When you need surgery, you need a partner with technical expertise and boundless compassion. This is someone who can explain what should happen in words you can understand—and this is someone who can perform your surgery with a steady hand, so you can recover quickly. You'll find surgeons just like this at CGH Medical Center.
When you come to CGH Medical Center for surgery, you'll have plenty of time to ask questions and learn more about what happens next. To help you prepare for those conversations, we've provided details about the types of surgeries we offer. We invite you to browse that information, and if you have any questions, just ask your surgeon.
Our general surgeons can offer a variety of different surgeries, including:
- Breast surgery. Whether you're dealing with a suspicious lump or a confirmed case of breast cancer, our surgeons can help. We provide open biopsy and stereotactic breast biopsy surgeries, to help your oncologist understand your cancer. And we can provide lumpectomy and mastectomy surgeries to help you address breast cancer.
- Colon surgery. We can address colon cancer, colon polyps and diverticulitis with surgery. Some surgeries can be performed laparoscopically, so you'll have very small incisions after surgery.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) surgery. When medications and lifestyle changes aren't enough, we offer surgeries that keep acid from leaking into your esophagus.
- Gallbladder surgery. We can use laparoscopic techniques to remove your gallbladder.
- Hernia repair surgery. We can repair hernias laparoscopically as well, and you're typically able to go home the same day of surgery.
Oral surgery and maxillofacial surgery
You may know them as oral surgeons, but oral and maxillofacial surgeons actually specialize in all areas of the mouth, teeth and face. At CGH Medical Center, you'll find a group of surgeons qualified to address the complexities that come with oral surgery. These are just some of the surgeries we offer:
- Bone grafting.
- Dental implants.
- Facial injury surgical repair.
- Oral cancer surgery.
- Orthognathic (corrective jaw) surgery.
- Reconstructive jaw surgery.
- TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorder assessment and repair.
- Wisdom tooth removal.
Plastic surgery and reconstructive facial surgery
Your face is often the first thing people notice about you, and when your appearance has been altered by an injury or an illness, your confidence can plummet. The surgeries we offer at CGH Medical Center are designed to help you recover from your injuries and illnesses, so you can feel comfortable and confident once more.
The surgeries you'll need are deeply dependent on both your goals and your medical condition. Our team will explain your options carefully and create a surgical plan that's right for you.
Vascular surgery corrects diseases of the vascular system, such as aortic aneurysms, chronic ischemia, lower extremity conditions, lung embolisms, dialysis access and varicose veins. These surgeries can provide real relief, yet they often come with small incisions and short recovery times. For people who need help but are not well enough to handle major heart surgery, vascular surgery could be a good option.
We offer a robust number of vascular surgeries, including radiofrequency ablation and targeted endovenous therapy.
Vascular surgery benefits patients with COPD, multiple cardiac issues, diabetes, and other health issues as well as older patients who are often not able to tolerate surgeries with large incisions or a long recovery time.