In-patient/Out-patient Occupational Therapy evaluates a patient's previous and current level of function, by putting a treatment plan in place to bring the patient to their highest level of function for home, work, learning or play.
Who needs Occupational Therapy (OT)?
- Upper extremity Joint Pain, loss of range of motion/strength from injuries/arthritis
(Joint replacement, crush injury, burns)
- Upper extremity Post-surgical care
(Rotator cuff, carpal tunnel, amputations)
- Upper extremity Fractures/Dislocations
(Shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand)
- Neurological impairments
(Stroke, spinal cord injury, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's, brain injury)
- Activities of Daily Living Skills
Functional transfers, adaptive equipment training, energy conservation, cognitive/visual training
- Treatment Modalities include:
Ultra Sound, lontophoresis, phonophoresis, hot/cold therapy, kinesiotape, electrical stimulation, splinting, edema control
- Strength and range of motion training, along with custom home exercise programs
- Neuro re-education with caregiver training
Hours for CGH Occupational Therapy
CGH Occupational Therapy is open Monday through Friday: 7 am to 5 pm
- (Out-patient) Locust Street Medical Center: 1809 N. Locust Ave. Sterling, IL 61081, 815.622.1210. Fax: 815.632.5853
- (In-patient and Out-patient) CGH Medical Center: 100 E. Le Fevre Road, Sterling, IL 61081, 815.625.0400, ext. 5561. Fax: 815.625.6163
Ask your doctor for a referral to CGH Occupational Therapy, or for more information, call 815.622.1210 or toll free (800) 625-4790.
For more information on the American Occupational Therapy Association, please visit http://www.aota.org