When you need gynecology care at any age and life stage, you can trust the experienced and caring providers at CGH Medical Center to treat you with heartfelt compassion.
We've created a comfortable environment where women can talk about any aspect of women's health—from well-woman care to heavy periods to painful intercourse to menopause-related mood changes.
Our caring providers are here to help. And they have outstanding skills and years of experience you can rely upon.
Your routine well-woman exam
From early on, women should see a gynecologist for routine preventive care, including Pap tests to screen for cervical cancer and precancers.
A gynecologist can also advise women on breast and bone health issues that are more common with age, including the need for mammograms and bone density tests.
Here are some of the other services and treatments we provide to women across the lifespan:
- Birth control and family planning. Your gynecologist can help you with reversible or permanent options, such as IUDs, implants and tubal ligation.
- Obstetrics. When you're ready to start a family, an obstetrician at CGH Medical Center will help you plan and guide you through your pregnancy. When it's time for delivery, our team delivers babies in our modern and spacious CGH Birthing Center. Call 815.625.0400, ext. 5504, to schedule a tour.
- Fertility counseling. We offer evaluations, medications and specialty referrals, as needed, for couples struggling with infertility.
- Gynecological procedures. Our experts perform a range of procedures, including endometrial ablation, colposcopy, LEEP, and dilation and curettage.
- Menopause care. We help women with hot flashes and other symptoms.
Urinary incontinence: Conquering a common problem
At CGH, you have access to state-of-the-art urodynamic testing for bladder-control problems using the CooperSurgical Lumax TS Pro Fiberoptic cystometry system. Call for an appointment if you:
- Usually have a strong urge to urinate.
- Have trouble starting a urine stream.
- Have frequent urinary infections.
- Leak urine when coughing, sneezing, laughing, lifting or running.
- Feel upset or worried about your urinary control.
Once a cause is found, our team can help treat the problem with lifestyle changes, pelvic floor exercises and other therapies.
Find an OB-GYN provider online
Our approachable staff delivers excellent care. They also take the time to listen to you and your physical and emotional health concerns.
Finding a provider online is easy in our provider directory.