Medical testing can help your doctor to find, diagnose or treat disease. In short, it plays a vital role in your health. That's why it's so important to work with a clinical laboratory you can trust to deliver quick, accurate results. You can get that right here in the Sauk Valley at CGH Medical Center.
Medical testing we offer
In our state-of-the-art clinical laboratories, we offer a number of different medical tests, including:
- Allergy testing
- Clinical chemistry and special chemistry tests
Our talented team of phlebotomists and laboratory technicians can take swift samples of your blood and tissue as needed, and they can perform the tests they need right in our clinical laboratory. That means no delays due to transit time. All of the work will be done within our walls.
Our laboratories use a comprehensive Laboratory Information System (LIS), which provides sophisticated data handling capabilities and links the LIS to the clinic's information system. That means your doctor will have access to your results as quickly as possible and the results will be stored electronically.
Qualified laboratory services
Our laboratories are licensed by the Illinois Department of Public Health, and they are accredited by COLA—a national laboratory accreditation organization. Our teams work in in strict compliance with Clinical Library Improvement Amendments from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
We participate in extensive quality assurance proficiency testing survey programs provided through the College of American Pathologists and the American Proficiency Institute.
We focus on quality and certifications in our laboratories, as we know that accurate results are important to you and your doctor. And we know that safety matters too. You can trust our medical laboratory on both counts.
Laboratory locations to serve you
We have four medical laboratories (maps) available to you:
- CGH Medical Center: Located in the east end of the hospital in Sterling. The hospital lab is open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday, and from 7 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Saturday.
- Main Clinic: Located in the clinic's main building in Sterling, the laboratory performs more than 500,000 lab tests annually. The lab is open from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, and from 6 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on Saturday.CGH
- Dixon Medical Center: Located at 1321 N. Galena Ave. in Dixon, the laboratory performs testing in chemistry, hematology, serology and urinalysis. The lab is open from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Morrison Medical Center: Located at 105 S. Heaton St., the laboratory performs testing in chemistry, hematology, serology and urinalysis. The lab is open from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.