Nursing care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, or home infusion therapy may be part of your treatment plan as you fight back against strokes, heart attacks, cancer or infectious disease. You might start your recovery in the hospital or a skilled nursing unit, but you might be ready to head home before your therapies are complete.
At-home care can help. The CGH Home Nursing and Home Infusion program can connect you with medical experts who can provide the therapies you need, all in the comfort of your own home.
Your home healthcare team
The fully licensed and certified caregivers on the CGH Home Nursing team work directly with your physician to develop a personalized at-home care plan. Your team may include:
- Registered nurses to help carry out your doctor's orders and provide skilled nursing care.
- Physical therapists and occupational therapists to assist with exercise programs and help you learn how to use canes, walkers and other assistive devices.
- Speech pathologists who can help you boost your ability to speak, swallow, read, write or communicate via alternative methods.
- Medical social workers to help with emotional or financial problems that impact recovery.
- Home health aides who can help with personal hygiene and other issues, under the direction of registered nurses.
If you need medical equipment to help ease your stay in your home, we can connect you with Northern Illinois Home Medical Supply.
Home infusion care
If you need infusion therapy, the CGH Home Infusion team can help. We offer:
- Antibiotic, antifungal and antiviral therapies.
- Pain management.
- Total parenteral nutrition.
- Enteral nutrition.
- Catheter care, including PICC lines and central lines.
Connect with our at-home care team
CGH Home Nursing and Home Infusion cares for patients in Whiteside, Lee, Ogle, Carroll and Bureau counties.
The majority of private healthcare insurance companies cover home nursing services. We are happy to process insurance claims for our patients.