Skip to main content

Ear, Nose & Throat

Loading ...

Illnesses that attack your nose, throat or ears can make you sniffle, cough, wheeze or feel just plain miserable. While some ear, nose and throat (ENT) conditions can be addressed by your primary care physician, there are some illnesses that are best handled by an ENT specialist with in-depth experience in diagnosing and treating these delicate structures.

That's just what you'll find at CGH Medical Center. Our ENT specialists can give you the help you need, and you won't have to leave northern Illinois for that expert care.

When to see an ENT

CGH's board-certified head and neck surgeons (otolaryngologists) specialize in the medical and surgical treatment of diseases of the ear, nose and throat. They'll help you find relief from:

  • Allergies.
  • Balance disorders.
  • Sinus pain and infection.
  • Upper respiratory disorders.
  • Voice issues.

Otolaryngology services we offer

Caring for patients with allergic disorders of the upper respiratory system is another important aspect of otolaryngology. Using modern techniques such as RAST (radioallergosorbent test) and skin endpoint testing, our ENT specialists can help pinpoint the cause of your allergies, and they can offer you therapies that can help keep chronic allergic symptoms under control.

Our ENT specialists can also assist with hearing issues, including those caused by infections as well as those caused by disease.

ENT surgeries we can provide

Our ENT specialists are trained in facial reconstruction techniques, so they can address injuries caused by trauma, as well as perform techniques to enhance your appearance.

Our skilled ENT specialists also perform surgery for tumors and other disorders of the:

  • Bronchial passages.
  • Esophagus.
  • Larynx.
  • Neck.
  • Salivary glands.
  • Sinus.
  • Tonsils.
  • Thyroid.

ENT care at CGH Medical Center

Our team works closely with other specialists in the CGH Medical Center system, including experts in audiology and sleep medicine. If our ENT specialists can't address your issue, they can refer you to another specialist who can help.

Make an appointment

Our ENT specialists can see you in our clinics in Sterling and Dixon. To find out more about our doctors, visit our provider directory.