When it comes to staying healthy—and looking great—a dermatologist is a key healthcare ally. A skilled dermatologist can perform the skin exams and dermatological treatments you need to address health issues that impact your skin health. And a dermatologist can provide cosmetic procedures that help your skin resist the assaults of time and weather.
At CGH Medical Center, we offer a variety of dermatology procedures to help your skin. And all of the exams, therapies and treatments we offer are delivered by skilled professionals you can trust.
Common dermatology issues we address
Healthy skin is important for people both young and old, and our team can assist with all sorts of routine skin health issues, including:
- Cold sores
- Common rashes
- Dry skin
- Hair loss
Our dermatologists will meet with you, examine your skin and determine the best way to address your skin health issue. We offer medications, surgical procedures, cosmetic procedures and more to our clients in the Rock River Valley area. No matter what is troubling your skin, we can help.
Skin cancer prevention and treatment
Symptoms of skin cancer can be subtle and easy to ignore, but it's important to check your skin regularly and look for signs of trouble.
Melanoma is one type of skin cancer you might spot during a skin cancer self-exam. As you check your skin, keep the ABCDEs of melanoma in mind:
- Asymmetry (A). Skin cancers usually grow in an irregular, uneven way. One half of the abnormal skin area might be a different shape than the other half.
- Border (B). Moles with jagged or blurry edges may signal cancer that is growing and spreading.
- Color (C). Because melanoma begins in pigment-forming cells, lesions are often multicolored, reflecting the production of melanin pigment at different depths in the skin. Occasionally, lesions are flesh colored or surrounded by redness.
- Diameter (D). A diameter of 6 millimeters or larger (about the size of a pencil eraser) is worrisome. By the time a lesion has grown this large, there will most likely be other abnormalities.
- Evolution (E). A lesion that has changed in size, color or appearance could be worrisome.
If you see any of these symptoms of skin cancer—or any other skin changes that disturb you—visit our dermatologists. We can examine your skin, perform skin cancer diagnostic testing and help you understand your treatment options.
Complete cosmetic dermatology options available
In addition to therapies that can preserve the health and integrity of your skin, we offer a number of cosmetic dermatology therapies that can hel\p you to fight back against issues such as:Dark spots
- Dry skin
- Rough, bumpy skin
We offer cosmetic products from Obagi, Avene Glytone, Latisse, CeraVe and Cetaphil. Our dermatologists can help you select the right product to boost the appearance of your skin, and they can help you understand how to use the product in the right way, so you get the results you've been looking for.
We also offer anti-aging procedures, including:
- Chemical peels to reduce pore size and treat wrinkles, rosacea and dark spots
- Injectable solutions, including neuromodulators (Botox) and dermal fillers (Juvederm)
- Dermaroller for anti-aging, acne scars and medication application
- Blue light photodynamic therapy for sun-damaged skin
- Sclerotherapy for the treatment of varicose veins
And we specialize in laser treatment with pulsed light technology (exclusively in our Dixon office) for hair removal, rosacea, dark spots and skin rejuvenation.
Visit our provider directory to learn more!