Our bodies are remarkable tools—down to the very last joint—and we want them to perform at their best. Unfortunately, traumatic events, improper lifting or even just repetitive stress can cause joints to become misaligned or strained. These stressors can cause loss of mobility, as well as pain in neighboring muscles, discs, ligaments and nerves.
At CGH Medical Center, we have the answer. Our chiropractic care team can perform a thorough assessment of your bones and joints, and we can use that information to pull together a treatment program that can help you to feel better fast.
Do I need a chiropractor?
You may need our help if you have problems with your joints or your spinal column. Common symptoms include pain, stiffness, tingling or tension in your joints, back, shoulders or extremities.
Chiropractic treatments we offer
At CGH Medical Center, we can help you with:
- Joint pain. Pain in the hand, wrist, elbow, shoulder, ankle or knee can often be helped by chiropractic care. Helping restore normal range of motion to joints that have become locked up, jammed or injured seems to improve blood circulation, reduce scar tissue and speed the healing process.
- Headache. When bones of the spine lose their normal position or motion, sensitive nerves and blood vessels to the head can be affected, producing a throbbing headache. Aspirin and medications may cover up the warning sign, but they do not correct the underlying structural cause. Many people find headache relief with chiropractic care.
- Lower back pain. Chiropractic adjustments help restore the normal motion and position of affected spinal bones. The simplicity and success of this approach has been documented in numerous research projects and has helped many people with lower back pain to avoid surgery.
- Neck pain. Is the proper spinal curve present? Are the nerve openings between each pair of vertebrae free and clear? Is the head balanced? Are the shoulders level? These and other considerations are used to create a plan for specific chiropractic adjustments to help improve the motion and position of spinal vertebrae. With improved structure and function, neck pain often diminishes or totally disappears—without addictive drugs or harmful side effects.
- Sciatica. Sciatica is a severe pain in the leg caused from compression or irritation of the sciatic nerve. Carefully directed and controlled pressure removes the interference from spinal structures. These chiropractic adjustments can be very effective in reducing nerve irritation and its associated pain.
- Scoliosis. Scoliosis is a sideways curving of the spine that often begins in childhood, while the bones of the spine are still growing. In many cases, the exact cause of scoliosis is unknown. Spinal adjustments, often combined with corrective exercises, can help, especially if scoliosis is detected early enough.
- Subluxation degeneration. When spinal damage goes uncorrected, the body deposits calcium on the surface of adjacent bones that aren't moving properly. If neglected long enough, this splinting effect can result in complete fusion. This worsening process is called subluxation degeneration and can occur throughout the spine. With early detection, appropriate chiropractic care has been shown to slow, stop or even reverse the early stages of this process.
- Whiplash. Injuries to the neck caused by the sudden movement of the head backward, forward or sideways is referred to as whiplash. Chiropractic adjustments can help return spinal function and reduce neck pain.
What can I expect on my initial visit to the department?
You can rest easy with chiropractic care from CGH Medical Center.
We provide a warm and friendly environment where you can feel at ease discussing your health concerns. Our chiropractor will perform a thorough examination to access your condition. If needed, x-rays will help us visualize the joints in question.
Our staff will explain all findings and recommendations. And as your chiropractic treatments progress, our chiropractor will work closely with your doctor to ensure that you get the treatments you need and deserve.
Make an appointment
To find out about our chiropractor, visit our provider directory.
If you are a new patient, please print out the following forms and fill them out before your appointment.