** Hospital: UPDATED General Visitor Guidelines **
(as of March 14, 2022)
For the continued health and safety of our patients and our community, please follow the requirements for visitation:
- Visiting hours are from 8 am to 8 pm.
- If you are not feeling well, please do not visit.
- ONE to TWO patient-designated visitors at a time in rotation are allowed.
- ONE visitor may stay overnight with the patient as requested.
- No visitors under the age of 18 (unless approved by the Dept Manager).
- ALL visitors must continuously mask when entering/exiting the premises (in the hallways, etc) and when the healthcare team is in the patient’s room providing care.
- Due to CDC and IDPH guidance, masks continue to be REQUIRED for those in healthcare/medical facilities, including the hospital, CGH Main Clinic, and all of our outlying clinics.
- Visitors must remain in the patient room during the patient’s stay or in the designated waiting area while the patient recovers.
- Special exceptions may be allowed for:
- Minor children admitted to the hospital
- Developmentally disabled patients
- Special circumstances (i.e. dementia, decisional capacity)
- Outpatient testing patients who need assistance
- Birthing Center
- End of life
** CGH Main Clinic and all Outlying Clinics **
We are no longer checking temperatures at the door, but are still screening for COVID symptoms. Masks ARE STILL REQUIRED FOR EVERY PATIENT AND GUEST as we continue to follow CDC guidelines. Visitor restrictions at the Main Clinic and outlying clinics are lifted. Hospital restrictions continue to be in place (see above).
- If you have symptoms of a respiratory illness, such as fever, cough or shortness of breath *AND* you need emergency care for serious or life-threatening health issues, please do not hesitate to come to the Emergency Department or call 911. If you are able, please call ahead to discuss your symptoms, but we know this may not always be possible.
- Do NOT stop any long-term medications, therapies or treatments you may be doing. Maintaining good control of underlying conditions is one of the best strategies to avoid more severe coronavirus symptoms.
- Patients are encouraged to bring and wear your own mask, or one will be provided to you upon entering any CGH location.
- Patients may be contacted the day before their appointment to pre-register and to receive special instructions for their visit. This may include staying in your car and calling the receptionist when you arrive.
- Social distancing markers will be placed at check-ins and waiting areas.
- Don't delay emergency care if needed! Again, we have many measures in place to ensure your safety in our Emergency Department.
- We will continue to offer Telehealth visits - a way for new and established patients to see your healthcare provider - or a CGH Ready Care provider for more urgent issues - through a secure video appointment.
- ALL non-essential visitors are restricted (this includes club/community meetings, groups, outside salespeople and vendors).
- If you feel you have symptoms of COVID-19 or other respiratory illness and wonder if you should be tested or be seen, call your provider’s office, CGH Ready Care or the CGH Emergency Room.