When you visit the hospital, we're glad to welcome you as our guest at CGH Medical Center. We're here to help answer any questions you or your family members might have as you visit. But if you'd like to plan ahead and understand what's available to you in our facility, we've put together some useful information here.
Volunteers to guide you
We deliver exceptional guest experiences and good old-fashioned hospitality, in addition to excellent healthcare. So when you enter the hospital's main lobby, friendly, knowledgeable volunteers are there to greet you at the door or the reception desk.
Looking for a patient? Wondering where to get your x-ray? Whether you're here to visit or are being admitted to the hospital for medical care, we can help you get there, and we are here to answer your questions.
Visiting the hospital
Visiting hours begin at 6 a.m. (when the hospital's main doors are unlocked), and they last until about 8 p.m. However, we realize there may be times when families and friends need to visit outside of these hours. We work hard to accommodate our guests.
After 8 p.m., enter the hospital through the emergency department on the hospital's northeast side, and pick up a visitor's pass. The ER staff can alert the team caring for your loved one that you are here to visit, and the team can help you find the room you're looking for.
While a visit can be part of the healing process, patients sometimes need rest. So please try to limit the number of visitors. Children are welcome, with supervision, except for OB and Critical Care age restrictions.
For special visiting needs—or if you have questions—just ask the nurse.
And for our patients' protection, it's usually best to postpone your visit if you might have a fever, sore throat or other illness. Handwashing is important before and after visiting too. Also, please watch for any special healthcare infection precautions posted outside patient rooms.
If you'd like to visit a new baby but can't make it to the hospital, visit our online nursery to see the new babies born in the birthing center.
Where to eat while you're here
Whether you need a quick bite or a meal, we've got you covered:
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner at the Fresh Café, located steps away from the main lobby.
- Vending machines provide snack and beverage choices, and they're located in convenient spots all around the hospital.
- Coffee (perhaps even a muffin!) is available in many waiting rooms.
Supporting you during your hospital visit
As you visit our hospital, also know that:
- Free Wi-Fi services are available for your convenience.
- Laptops are available to check out.
- Spanish interpreters are available—ask in the main lobby.
- We're a tobacco-free campus.
- No photos or video allowed in patient care areas.
- Cellphones are permitted, except for where posted in patient areas.
- The hospital chapel near the east entrance serves patients and their families, and our chaplain is also here for you. For information, please ask a nurse or call 815.625.0400, ext. 5727.