If you're planning to cover your healthcare costs by accessing your health insurance benefits, we can help. CGH Medical Center and our 16 CGH Clinics accept more than 30 different types of health plan payments.
Navigating Healthcare Costs
CGH financial counselors are here to help you navigate the cost of healthcare. We understand that your financial experience is very important to your overall wellness. If you don't have insurance or need help with costs that aren't covered by insurance, the following programs are available.
CGH Financial Assistance Program
CGH provides discounted care to patients who qualify. Up to 100% of hospital and clinic charges may be discounted. An application must be completed to see if you qualify.
IL Medicaid Program
We can screen you at CGH to see if you qualify for state-funded medical coverage. If you meet the program criteria, a financial counselor will submit an application on your behalf. Appointments are available for this service.
Medication Assistance Program
Help is available to find access to affordable medications. We can assist you with oral (swallowed) mediciations and IV infusion drugs. If you qualify for free or discounted medications or a co-pay assistance program, a financial counselor can navigate the application process for you.
Please contact us for more information about these programs. 815.625.0400, ext. 4948.
Monday - Friday, 8 AM to 4:30 PM.
If you have any questions about the information listed here, call us at 815.625.6065.
Health insurance plans
Both CGH Medical Center and CGH Clinics are considered in-network providers by these health plans:
- Aetna/Coventry Health Care/Personal Care
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Choice Plan
- Health Alliance
- Land of Lincoln (PHCS)
- Multiplan (PHCS)
- Northern IL Health Plan
- PPO Next
- Preferred Plan/Interplan (includes ProNet, ProAmerica, USA H&W)
- The Alliance
- UnitedHealthcare Compass HMO
Our CGH Medical Center and clinics are considered out-of-network providers for Blue Cross HMO.
Medicare Advantage health insurance plans
The CGH Medical Center and CGH Clinics are considered in-network providers for:
- AARP Medicare Advantage UnitedHealthcare
- Humana Medicare Advantage
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage
We are considered out-of-network providers for:
- Aetna/Coventry Health Medicare Advantage
- Blue Cross Medicare Advantage
- Cigna Medicare Advantage
- Health Alliance Medicare Advantage
Medicaid Managed Care health plans
We are considered network providers for the following health insurance plans:
- Meridian Health
- Illini Care
- Blue Cross Community Family Health Plan
We are considered out-of-network providers for the following health insurance plans:
- Aetna Better Care
- Community Care Partners
- County Care
- Family Health Network
- Health Cura
- Next Level Health
- SmartPlan Choice
- County Care Health Plan (Cook County Only)
- Next Level Health Partners (Cook County Only)
Health plans for retired, Medicare-eligible school teachers
We're considered in-network providers for UnitedHealthcare PPO Medicare Advantage.
We're out-of-network providers for Health Alliance HMO Medicare Advantage.
Everyone with Medicare, regardless of income, health status or prescription drug usage, has access to prescription drug coverage. Benefits of Medicare prescription drug coverage include:
- Availability. All people with Medicare are eligible.
- Cost savings. The plan will pay for about half your drug costs. And nearly 1 person in 3 will qualify for extra help.
- Financial protection. The plan works as a buffer against high drug expenses.
- Broad coverage. The plan covers brand-name and generic drugs.
The Medicare Plan Finder can help you connect with a health insurance provider that offers this coverage.