COVID-19 SHIELD Testing Sites
- Whiteside County Community Health Clinic
13 West 2nd Street, Rock Falls. Testing is by appointment only.
Monday, Wednesday & Thursday: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Tuesday: 10 am to 5:30 pm
Friday: 8:30 am - 1 pm
• Individuals will need a SHIELD Illinois Account to schedule an appointment and view results.
• A parent or guardian will need to create their own account and add a dependent to test individuals under 18.
• Visit shieldilportal.pointnclick.com to create an account to make an appointment.
• Use Agency Code : df5brbrj
• Individuals may not have anything to eat, drink, or smoke within 60 minutes of the test. Brushing your teeth or using mouthwash should also be avoided for at least 60 minutes before the test.
• Individuals tested before 1pm should get results that night. Results for anyone tested after 1pm should be next night.
• To reach the testing tent, enter the north-most parking lot and follow the cones.
• Results will ONLY be available in your SHIELD Illinois Account. Please do not call for results.
For additional support, individuals may call the SHIELD Illinois Patient Support line at 217-265-6059 for assistance setting up an account, making appointments, or viewing results.
Additional testing sites may be found at: https://dph.illinois.gov/covid19/testing.html
Free At-Home Rapid COVID-19 Tests
These will be mailed out late January/early February.
Testing at CGH Medical Center
- The CGH Emergency Department is NOT to be utilized for general COVID-19 testing, but if you are experiencing severe COVID-19 symptoms please present to the emergency room.
- CGH Ready Care is currently testing symptomatic patients that need evaluation and COVID-19 testing. If the patient is asymptomatic and needs COVID-19 testing, please use a state sponsored COVID-19 testing site such as the Whiteside County Health Department.
To reduce the chances of a false negative, IDPH recommends testing 5-7 days after your last known exposure to COVID-19. Symptoms of COVID-19 may include ANY of the following that cannot be explained by previously diagnosed conditions: fever or chills, headache, loss of taste and smell, cough, fatigue, congestion or runny nose, shortness of breath, sore throat, muscle or body aches, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
Individuals that want to be tested can also utilize one of the following resources for testing:
- Illinois Mobile and Community Based Testing Sites: https://dph.illinois.gov/testing
- Other Testing Partners, including the Whiteside County Health Department (find here by zip code): https://coronavirus.illinois.gov/s/testing-sites
Illinoisans can dial 800.889.3931 twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get their questions answered.
Together, we will continue to bring you the safe, high-quality healthcare that you and your family members can depend on! While continuing to closely follow IDPH and CDC guidance, careful attention to patient screening, masking, social distancing, intensive cleaning and safety guidelines will be followed. Please remember that our top priority at CGH Medical Center has been and continues to be the health and safety of our staff, physicians and patients. You can rest assured that we have gone to great lengths to do everything possible to keep you healthy and safe!