As an individual please BE SMART and exercise personal responsibility. Be sure to protect yourself and your family by following the steps below. If you are out socially and become uncomfortable with your surroundings, and feel unsafe, please leave to keep yourself, family, and friends safe.
- Wear a mask
- Wash hands frequently
- Stay 6 feet apart
- Stay home when sick
CGH Medical Center COVID Inpatients: 4 (as of 06/20/22)
To view Whiteside County's Coronavirus Response Hub, click here.
Have you tested positive for COVID-19 or have mild symptoms and are waiting for test results?
¿Dio positivo en una prueba de COVID-19 o tiene síntomas leves y está esperando los resultados de una prueba?
Have you been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19? You were a close contact if you were less than 6 feet away from someone with COVID for a total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period.
¿Ha tenido contacto cercano con alguien que tiene COVID-19? Fue un contacto cercano si estuvo a menos de 6 pies (2 metros) de alguien con COVID-19 durante 15 minutos o más en un periodo de 24 horas.
- The CGH Emergency Department is NOT to be utilized for general COVID-19 testing. If you are experiencing severe COVID-19 symptoms, please present to the emergency room.
- If your physician/health care provider has ordered a PRE-PROCEDURE Covid test, then you WILL continue to check in through the Emergency Department and be directed to the hospital lab.
- CGH Ready Care is currently testing symptomatic patients that need evaluation and COVID-19 testing. If the patient is asymptomatic and needs COVID-19 testing, please use a state sponsored COVID-19 testing site such as the Whiteside County Health Department.
- Appointments are now required for ALL VISITS to CGH Ready Care. Walk-ins will not be allowed. Please call (815) 564-1999 to make an appointment.
To reduce the chances of a false negative, IDPH recommends testing 5-7 days after your last known exposure to COVID-19. Symptoms of COVID-19 may include ANY of the following that cannot be explained by previously diagnosed conditions: fever or chills, headache, loss of taste and smell, cough, fatigue, congestion or runny nose, shortness of breath, sore throat, muscle or body aches, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
Individuals that want to be tested can also utilize one of the following resources for testing:
- Illinois Mobile and Community Based Testing Sites: https://dph.illinois.gov/testing
- Other Testing Partners, including the Whiteside County Health Department (find here by zip code): https://coronavirus.illinois.gov/s/testing-sites
(To download and print the following information regarding Second COVID-19 Vaccine Boosters, click here.)
Illinoisans can dial 800.889.3931 twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get their questions answered.
Together, we will continue to bring you the safe, high-quality healthcare that you and your family members can depend on! While continuing to closely follow IDPH and CDC guidance, careful attention to patient screening, masking, social distancing, intensive cleaning and safety guidelines will be followed. Please remember that our top priority at CGH Medical Center has been and continues to be the health and safety of our staff, physicians and patients. You can rest assured that we have gone to great lengths to do everything possible to keep you healthy and safe!