As an individual please BE SMART and exercise personal responsibility. Be sure to protect yourself and your family by following the steps below. If you are out socially and become uncomfortable with your surroundings, and feel unsafe, please leave to keep yourself, family, and friends safe.
- Wear a mask
- Wash hands frequently
- Stay 6 feet apart
- Stay home when sick
|Current COVID-19 Positive CGH Inpatients||COVID-19 Whiteside County
New Case Count (data from WCHD)
|7 (as of 11/29/21)||
46 (as of 11/24/21)
(12)Under 20, (5)20s, (6)30s, (5)40s, (7)50s, (7)60s, (3)70s, (1)80+
(County numbers will be delayed due to the Thanksgiving Holiday)
- The CGH Emergency Department is NOT to be utilized for general COVID-19 testing, but if you are experiencing severe COVID-19 symptoms please present to the emergency room.
- CGH Ready Care is currently testing members of the community for COVID-19. Please call (815) 564-1999 to make an appointment for drive through COVID-19 testing.
- Appointments are now required for ALL VISITS to CGH Ready Care. Walk-ins will not be allowed. Thank you for your patience and support.
To reduce the chances of a false negative, IDPH recommends testing 5-7 days after your last known exposure to COVID-19. Symptoms of COVID-19 may include ANY of the following that cannot be explained by previously diagnosed conditions: fever or chills, headache, loss of taste and smell, cough, fatigue, congestion or runny nose, shortness of breath, sore throat, muscle or body aches, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
Individuals that want to be tested can also utilize one of the following resources for testing:
- Illinois Mobile and Community Based Testing Sites: https://dph.illinois.gov/testing
- Other Testing Partners, including the Whiteside County Health Department (find here by zip code): https://coronavirus.illinois.gov/s/testing-sites
For more information and updates visit the CGH News Center
Together, we will continue to bring you the safe, high-quality healthcare that you and your family members can depend on! While continuing to closely follow IDPH and CDC guidance, careful attention to patient screening, masking, social distancing, intensive cleaning and safety guidelines will be followed. Please remember that our top priority at CGH Medical Center has been and continues to be the health and safety of our staff, physicians and patients. You can rest assured that we have gone to great lengths to do everything possible to keep you healthy and safe!