CGH Medical Center Revises Visitor Restrictions
Contact: Dana McCoy
CGH Medical Center continues to closely follow IDPH and CDC guidance in order to ensure the highest quality and safety standards that keep our patients, co-workers and visitors as safe as possible. Although visitor restrictions have been revised, we are still limiting visitation to one approved visitor per day for general visitation to help keep unnecessary interaction at a minimum.
For department specific visitor instructions for the following departments: Inpatient Units (Medical, Surgical, CCU, Pediatrics); Inpatient Surgery, Same Day Procedures (Operating Room, Digestive Health, Invasive Radiology & Cath Lab); Emergency Department (ED); and Clinics/Outpatient Testing Services, please visit www.cghmc.com/covid19.
Effective Monday, June 29, CGH Medical Center’s general requirements for visiting responsibly include the following:
- The NO VISITOR restrictions remain in place for COVID-19 positive patients.
- ONE approved visitor PER DAY for general visitation will be identified by patient and placed on the official visitor list by nursing/clinical team. Visiting hours are 1 pm to 7 pm.
- The visitor must comply with screening at facility entrance. If the visitor does not pass this screening, he/she will be asked to leave.
- If the visitor has tested positive for COVID-19 in the previous 10 days, he/she will be asked to leave.
- The visitor must comply with personal face covering (cover nose and mouth) during the entire visit. If the visitor does not or is not able to comply with masking, he/she will be asked to leave.
- The visitor must comply with social distancing and should not congregate.
- Visitors under the age of 18 are not allowed.
- Visitors are required to consume any food or drink OUTSIDE the hospital/clinic to ensure compliance with use of face coverings.
- The hospital cafeteria is closed to the general public, but visitors may utilize the cafeteria during visitor hours of 1 pm to 7 pm. Limited seating is available. No food or drinks are allowed in patient care areas.
- Please follow department specific visitor instructions when applicable. Visit www.cghmc.com/covid19 for more information. Staff will guide you to specific areas.
- Special exceptions to these guidelines include the following:
- End of Life patients (maximum three visitors)
- Pediatrics (both parents/guardians may remain with the patient during normal visiting hours)
- Clinic and Outpatient Testing Services (visits that allow support persons include parent/guardian of patient; special assistance needed; obstetrics visit/ultrasound; oncology office visit)
We appreciate your patience and understanding as CGH Medical Center’s response evolves and various protocols are updated. Ultimately, our goal is to continue to maintain the safest environment possible for our patients and co-workers.