CGH Health Foundation announces scholarship winners
Foundation news | Monday, July 16, 2018
Contact: Joan Hermes
STERLING, IL (July 16, 2018) Ten individuals have been named recipients of CGH Health Foundation nursing and healthcare scholarships. Nearly $18,000 will be funded.
Those selected include:
- Emily Shearer, CGH Surgical CNA, seeking Associate Degree in Nursing at Sauk Valley Community College - $3,000 Althea Larson Nursing Scholarship
- Amy Marcinkiewicz, CGH Pharmacy tech, seeking Associate Degree in Nursing at Sauk Valley Community College - $1,000 Edgar and Florence Hall Nursing Scholarship
- Amber Cooper, Franklin Grove Living and Rehabilitation Center, seeking LPN degree at Sauk Valley Community College - $1,500 Ron Smeltzer Nursing Scholarship
- Ashley Swanson, CGH respiratory therapist, seeking Healthcare Administration degree at Ashford University - $1,000 Marrietta Lilly Healthcare Scholarship
- Emily Geison, Augustana College Sports Medicine, accepted into Doctorate of Physical Therapy at University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine -$1,500 Dr. Carmelo and Dr. Flora Interone Healthcare Scholarship
- McKenna Pearson - CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center, seeking Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Creighton University - $1,500 Dr. Carmelo and Dr. Flora Interone Healthcare Scholarship
- Morgan Pope, CGH Pediatrics CNA, seeking a Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Trinity College of Nursing and Health Sciences - $3,000 Sterling Rock Falls Community Trust Healthcare Scholarship
- Stacie Shipma, CGH Pharmacy tech, enrolled in dental hygiene program at Carl Sandburg College - $3,000 Sterling Rock Falls Community Trust Healthcare Scholarship
- Trisha Richards, CGH Ready Care MA, pursuing Licensed Practical Nursing Degree at Sauk Valley Community College - $1,052 Blue Sky Healthcare Education Scholarship
- Nichole Mitchem, CGH OB/GYN receptionist, in radiologic technology program at Scott Community College - $1,077 Blue Sky Healthcare Education Scholarship
To be eligible for a Foundation scholarship, students must have already been accepted into their professional field of study. On-line programs are funded in addition to traditional courses at a campus.
There are two more scholarships available, with a deadline of Friday, Aug. 31. They include the $2,000 Ed Andersen Healthcare Scholarship and the $1,000 Dr. Ralph and Katherine Redmond Nursing Scholarship.
For more information on the scholarships, go to www.cghmc.com/foundation.