CGH Health Foundation Announces Scholarship Winners
Contact: Joan Hermes
Ten individuals have been named recipients of CGH Health Foundation nursing and healthcare scholarships. A total of $20,500 has been awarded because of the generosity of area donors, according to Foundation Board Chair Martha Kophamer, Morrison.
“The Foundation has had a long-standing scholarship program during our 34-year history,” said Mrs. Kophamer. “We are committed to supporting individuals who are pursuing a career in the healthcare profession and want to thank our many contributors who make this possible.”
Those selected include:
- Victoria Kronenberg and Dawn Mace (both of Sterling) and both seeking an Associate Degree in Nursing from Sauk Valley Community College; and Ashleigh Chapman (Sterling), seeking an Associate Degree in Nursing from Highland Community College - $3,000 Althea Larson Nursing Scholarship
- Amy Marcinkiewicz (Tampico), seeking a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing - $1,000 Edgar and Florence Hall Nursing Scholarship
- Madeline Gasso (Sterling), seeking a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing at Roosevelt University -$1,500 Ron Smeltzer Nursing Scholarship
- Ashlee Griffin (Forreston), seeking a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing at Northern Illinois University -$1,000 Bill and Marrietta Lilly Healthcare Scholarship
- Serena Lahey (Rock Falls), seeking a Master of Science Degree in Healthcare and Nursing Administration at Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville; and Nicole Stepp (Shannon), seeking an Associate Degree in Nursing from Rasmussen University - $3,000 Sterling Rock Falls Community Trust Healthcare Scholarship
- Ashleigh Chapman (Sterling), seeking a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing from Highland Community College; and Anna Austin (Rock Falls), seeking a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing from Western Governors University - $1,000 Ed Andersen Healthcare Scholarship
To be eligible for a Foundation scholarship, students must have already been accepted into their professional field of study. On-line programs are funded in addition to traditional courses at a campus. The next scholarship application will be available February 1, 2022, at www.cghmc.com.