Contact: Joan Hermes
Sterling, IL (September 6, 2022) - Sauk Valley area women receiving breast health services and those impacted by dementia could use your help!! An easy way to make a difference in their lives is by supporting the ninth annual CGH Health Foundation Delicious Designs event, which is being hosted VIRTUALLY Oct. 20 to 25 this year.
Proceeds from the annual event will fund the new Dementia Project as well as the long-time Women’s Health Program. The CGH Health Foundation has dedicated this year to raising awareness of dementia and to providing new or expanded resources for area families on the journey. Did you know 2/3 thirds of dementia cases are women?
We will continue to partner with CGH Medical Center in providing screening mammograms with no out-of-pocket costs to area women. Diagnostic tests, breast biopsies, ultrasounds and MRIs are also partially covered. Comfort bags for breast cancer patients and meals for CGH Medical Center chemotherapy patients are funded as well.
Event Co-Chairs are Gina Grennan, CGH Diagnostic Imaging Director, Kayla Brown, McDonald Funeral Home funeral director, and Lindsey Pistole, Sauk Valley Bank VP of Retail.
There are a variety of ways to get involved:
- Bid on over 150 baskets, services, experiences and gift cards during the five-day virtual auction, which runs from 7 a.m., Thursday, Oct. 20 to 8 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 25.
- Sponsor a Wish List item for our patients
- Create a Purple or Pink Ribbon Tribute in honor of or in memory of a loved one impacted by breast cancer or dementia
- Sponsor a $240 “virtual” table
- Sponsor a $300 dessert, make arrangements with the baker on the date!
- Share our event information with your social media friends