Ways to Wellness Youth/Adult/Family Counseling Services
The CGH Ways to Wellness Program offers free counseling by phone for youth, families and adults. The program provides effective treatment for individuals and families with emotional and behavioral health needs.
- Individuals who are patients of CGH Medical Center.
- Individuals with a medical concern and any mental health symptoms, any substance use, or who might benefit from the services below.
- Screening for mental health and substance use concerns.
- Assistance in obtaining insurance coverage.
- Assistance in locating a medical provider.
- Emotional support.
- Basic needs such as housing, nutrition (food pantry), TANF, and employment.
- Connection to support groups.
- Counseling services provided.
- Other services as needed.
This is a partnership with Sinnissippi Centers and is funded by the CGH Health Foundation.
Questions or Referrals?
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Medical providers and Sinnissippi Centers are working together to assist you and your family in managing the complexities of your medical and behavioral health needs. The Ways to Wellness Coordinator will work with the individual's CGH provider to insure quality care to meet the needs of the patients and provide whole healing of their mind, body, and spirit.
Ways to Wellness Mending Thoughts 6-Week Teen Support Group
Are you a teen or adolescent struggling with anxiety, loneliness, emotional stress, depression or self-doubt? Don't be afraid to ask for help! Please join our FREE CGH Mending Thoughts Support Group.
How can we help?
This in-person group provides the opportunity for mutual support from other local youth who can relate to your feelings, as you chat with someone who is trained ins how to deal with the stress you are experiencing. Together you will share your thoughts, vent, and problem-solve in a safe, supportive environment, while learning healthy coping skills and calming strategies that will help you live your teen years to the fullest.
The support group is led by Sinnissippi Centers Counselor, Marylu Hicks, MHP, and is a FREE service provided in partnership with the CGH Health Foundation and Sinnissippi Centers.
To register or for more information
Ways to Wellness Chronic Illness Support Group
Are you or someone you love living with a chronic illness? You are not alone!
A chronic illness is defined as an illness that is persistent or long lasting. Living with a chronic illness can be physically, emotionally and financially overwhelming.
This group may be beneficial to you if:
- You find it difficult to relate to others due to your chronic condition.
- You have a hard time finding people who understand what you are experiencing and feeling.
- You experience difficulty managing the emotional rollercoaster your chronic illness brings you.
** FREE sessions are held at 11 am on the second Monday of each month at 2600 N. Locust Street in Sterling. All sessions are open to the public.
Questions or Referrals?
Ways to Wellness Prenatal and Postpartum OB Counseling
Pregnancy is an exciting and sometimes challenging journey. That's why we are here. We have the resources you need to stay informed and healthy throughout your pregnancy and beyond.
Pregnancy is an exciting and sometimes challenging journey. But, if you are a new or pregnant mom struggling to cope; feeling overwhelmed; worrying all the time; if you know something needs to change, but you don’t know what or how; if you are having scary thoughts or feeling unusually unhappy or low, we can help you to begin the journey of hope and wellness. Don't be afraid to ask for help!
- Individual and/or Family Counseling
- OB Support Group (via Zoom)
- Preparation for Childbirth Classes
- Baby Care Basics Classes
- Breastfeeding Classes
- Lactation Specialists
From before you conceive to after you deliver, we're here to offer you and your baby a higher standard of care.