Your charitable contributions do more when you give to the CGH Health Foundation. We have become a critical force in delivering the message of wellness to the Sauk Valley. In fact, over 350,000 people have benefited from health initiatives funded by the CGH Health Foundation. Click here for results.
These are some of the programs that are funded by charitable contributions from people just like you:
- Cardiac Wellness. We offer glucose screenings, cholesterol screenings and blood pressure screenings through this program. Contact Sherry DeWalt at 815.625.0400, ext. 5716, to find out more. Or visit our calendar to find out when the next screenings are offered.
- Community Health Network. The goal of this program is to keep chronically ill people in their homes and out of the hospital. To achieve that goal, our nurses perform wellness checks in the home and on the phone, and they can accompany patients to the doctor's office, too. Contact Julie Morse at 815.625.0400, ext. 4433, to find out more.
- Eyeglasses for Kids and Adults. Medicare-age, disabled and uninsured adults and under-served school-age children from our five-county service area receive an eye exam and a free pair of glasses through this program. Contact Sherry DeWalt at 815.625.0400, ext. 5716, to find out more.
- Love on a Leash Therapy Dog Program. Therapy dog teams visit with patients, family members and staff at CGH Medical Center. Read more. Contact Deb Keaschall at 815.625.0400, ext. 5727, to find out more. Your $250 contribution will sponsor a therapy dog. Contact Joan Hermes at 815.625.0400, ext. 5672.
- Medication Assistance Program. This program provides a 30-day supply of necessary medications to people who don't have the funds for those therapies. Contact Julie Morse at 815.625.0400, ext. 4433, to find out more.
- Nutrition and Fitness. This program encourages children and adults to increase their activity level and make healthy food choices; includes Strong Women Strong Bones and CATCH program in area schools. Contact Sherry DeWalt at 815.625.0400, ext. 5716, to find out more.
- Prescott Dental Clinic. Under-served children and adults living in the Sauk Valley receive low-cost dental care in this clinic, with partial funding from the Foundation. Contact the Whiteside County Health Department at 815.626.2230 to find out more.
- Scholarships. We offer $30,000 in scholarship assistance for students in the nursing and healthcare fields. Click here for an application.
- Women's Health. This program provides year-round breast and gynecologic cancer education and services, including financial assistance for mammograms, Pap tests, provider visits and diagnostic testing. To find out more, contact Sherry DeWalt at 815.625.0400, ext. 5716 or fill out this form to get started.
- Workplace Wellness. Cholesterol, blood pressure and glucose screenings at the worksite are offered through this program, as well as health coaching and goal-setting services. Find out more.
- Growing Healthier. This speaker series, part of Workplace Wellness, features physicians and other healthcare professionals who share their knowledge on a variety of important health topics, and all talks are free and open to the public. Find out when the next program will be held.
None of these programs would be available without the support of our community. Donate now on our secure website.