CGH Health Foundation free services for children and adults:
- B-CALM stress relief support line 888/332-2256
- Click here to watch Amy Downs of Sterling High School and Sarah Peltier from Sinnissippi Centers talk about the B-CALM line, a free resource you can use if you are dealing with stress or other acute behavioral health issues.
- Medication Assistance Program
- Transportation Assistance Program
- Ways to Wellness Counseling Program
- Pediatric mental health services
- Cancer comfort care
- Eyeglasses for Kids/Adults
- Women's Health
- Prescott Dental Clinic
Call 815/625-0400, ext. 5672 for more information.
- Whiteside County Food Resources: Food pantries and free meals.
- Let's Feed Our Children sites for Whiteside County.
- What's Cooking CGH - Easy, healthy recipe blog and cooking videos.
- Restaurants: Who is open? Who does delivery or take-out?
- Healthyeatingforfamilies.com – Food blog by Jodie Shield, registered dietitian, nutritionist, food writer and recipe developer
- ChopChop Family - Award winning cooking fun for all ages.
- PBS TV Fizzy's Lunch Lab - Kid-friendly web-only series featuring original characters and funny stories.
- Follow @saukvalleyfoodbank on Facebook for updates on Pantry Day Giveaways!
Exercise and activity:
- Cosmic Kids! Yoga on YouTube designed specially for kids aged 3+.
- Spider Fit Kids - Free activities to "Unleash the Power of Play"
- CATCH Health at Home - Health focused at home and distance learning resources for parents and educators.
- Sterling Rock Falls Family YMCA summer day camps.
Stress Relief/Mental Health
- B-CALM help line: 888/33B-CALM or 888/332-2256. A free service in partnership with the CGH Health Foundation and Sinnissippi Centers.
- Sauk Valley Community College students - Complete online referral link or call/leave a message at 815-835-6204.
- Individual Therapy - all ages (face-to-face and telehealth options)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing)
- Opiate and Alcohol Use
- Group Therapy
- Recovery/Life Skills Groups
- Behavioral Therapy
- Psychiatrist and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Ozzy the Owl mindfulness for kids Pre-K to Grade 2
- Sterling Public Library Summer reading program and STEM activity packets.
- Sauk Valley Community College college for kids.
- Woodlawn Arts Academy virtual programs, camp, and art kits.
- Domestic violence/Sexual Assault programs
- Employment assistance
- Clothing closet