The Spinning Babies Class - for expecting moms after the 20th week of pregnancy - highlights your baby’s active role to rotate down and out of the pelvis.
During labor, the baby turns through three levels of the pelvis. This turning is called fetal rotation. If fetal rotation can be made easier, birth is easier for everyone. Together, you and your birth partner can learn techniques to help muscles in your pelvis support an easier birth, and then use these techniques before and during labor to help “make room for baby!” Spinning Babies reveals how the baby can find optimal positions for labor and allows birth to be more comfortable.
With the techniques taught during this FREE class, babies “spin” to move through the pelvis. You will learn:
- Techniques that provide comfort now and ease in birth
- What essential daily activities you should be doing throughout your pregnancy
- How to balance tight birth muscles to let baby into position
- Birthing positions to open the pelvis
For more information and to register, sign up online or contact the CGH Birthing Center at (815) 625-0400, ext. 5504.
Once registered, please plan on:
- Bring a support person (Significant other, friend, mom, etc..)
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Bring something to drink